If you are anything like me.. you will be craving a perfect plate of good old fashioned British fish and chips. Unfortunately fried fish and greasy chips are not particularly Slimming World friendly so i was craving for an alternative.
I have perfected my KFC fakeaway coating now so i thought that style would be perfect for a good bit of fish. Let me share the recipe for you guys 🙂
For the fish:
- 2 x skinless boneless cod fillets (or any fish you like)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic (or 1tsp lazy garlic)
- 150g of plain (syn free) couscous
- 2 x medium eggs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Boiling water
- Add couscous into a mixing bowl. Mix together with paprika, lemon juice, parsley, basil, mustard powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover with boiling water, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs and add to the mixture. Mix to a smooth consistency and use to coat the fish.
Place on grease proof paper in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes on 200c.
For the wedges:
- 4 large potatoes (I like to use maris pipers)
- Fry light spray
- Salt and pepper
- Cut potatoes into thick wedges, par boil for 5 minutes.
- Place onto a baking tray and spray with fry light. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes on 200c.
Serve with syn free mushy peas to complete the meal.