This Syn Free fresh spinach soup is wonderfully nutritious and delicious. It is very easy to make and will be ready in just 30 minutes. The perfect Slimming World lunch that the whole family will enjoy.
Recently I have been looking for quick and easy lunch time meals to help keep me on plan. Batch cooking is my friend when work is busy and this healthy colourful spinach soup is full of flavour and easy to reheat.
The great thing about this soup is the spinach doesn’t have to be the freshest.. if you have some wilting spinach left in the fridge or you notice a bag in the discount section of your local supermarket grab it and make some delicious soup!
WHY IS THIS SOUP SO GOOD?
- Syn free using Healthy extra A
- Great for batch cooking
- Great for all of the family
- Quick and easy
CAN YOU STORE/FREEZE THIS SOUP?
Absolutely, allow to cool and then place into an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for upto 5 days or 1 month in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave for 2 – 3 minutes.
IS THIS SOUP SLIMMING WORLD FRIENDLY?
It sure is! The whole portion of soup is worth 2 Healthy extra portions so divide accordingly. Also spinach is a speed food so devour as you please and know you are not straying from the plan.
If Spinach isn’t your thing.. because let’s face it we don’t all love it! Why not give one of my other soup recipes a go?
Syn Free Healthy Spinach Soup
- Food processor or hand blender
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Crushed)
- ½ Medium Onion (Finely Diced or Grated)
- 1 Stalk of Celery (Finely Diced or Grated)
- 1 Medium White Potato (Peeled, finely cubed)
- 500ml Boiling Chicken or Vegetable Stock (Using 2 Stock Cubes)
- 500ml Semi-Skimmed Milk (At room temperature)
- 200g Fresh Baby Spinach
- Black Pepper
- Frylight or Low fat cooking spray
- Over a medium heat and with a spritz of Frylight sauté the garlic, onion, celery and potato for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling stock and milk. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and allow to simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in half of the spinach, a pinch of Black pepper, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Place into a blender or Nutribullet with the remaining spinach and blend until smooth.
- Place back into the pan for 2 minutes over a medium heat stirring constantly to reheat.
Have you created this recipe?
If so I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to let me know how it went in the comments below and even better if you have photos
please tag me on social media.
You can follow me on:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter